Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Home Booooy 6/23/14

Some off the people I have met here are just the best. The phrase home boy was used by a sister in her 60's when see was sassing up a storm about how somebody offended her. She's great, honest.
I've been so blessed to witness many miracles this week. A recent convert who wee thought was going to seriously take their records out was at church yesterday and went to all 3 hours. 3 sisters from the ward gave us enough food to last the month, I've never seen so much food! Got to see some less active members we hadn't seen in a while and had great spiritual experiences with them. This week has been great.
Had to say goodbye to President Durrant. I'm going to miss his squirrel analogies. He showed us old clips from when he played basketball for BYU. It was crazy seeing him slam dunk and other basketball shots. President Taylor (soon to be my new president) were in those clips as well. He showed us another clip, he actually gave a talk in a priesthood session a long time ago, and as the choir finished the first verse he thought the choir was done singing and he is starts walking up the stairs. Then the choir starts singing and he's already half way there and James E Faust see him and pats his knee telling him to come sit on his lap! So he does! and he shakes hand with the other elders there to make it seem like he met to do that. OH all the missionaries were dieing laughing it was great.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LETTERS I may not be able to respond to all of them, just know i do read ALL OF THEM. Thank you.
I love my family, I love my friends, I love being a missionary, and I love My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Remember you are all examples of the believers. (1 Tim 4:?)
Never be afraid to talk to your fellow brothers and sisters.

Anyway I have to run, got to prepare for the tough week ahead.
-Sister Baker


0 comments:

Post a Comment