Monday, October 19, 2015

Last stop- Plano, Texas

I've been called to serve in Plano, Texas for this next 6-5 weeks. I'm going to be back-up training Sister McBride! She is a beautiful new missionary and I get the privilege of finish training her this transfer. We're also going to be covering the missioinary work over 3 wards! AND GUESS WHAT ONE OF MY BISHOPS' NAMES IS.......BAKER! Bishop Baker fully enjoyed getting to announce my name yesterday at Sacrament Meeting. Though he wo'nt replace my favorite Bishop back home :)

We actually gained a new investigator yesterday at a "Sundaes on Sunday" event after church. His name is AJ and he is getting ready to marry a member in the 4th ward. When he came up to us he had a Book of Mormon in his hands and we actually thought he was a member. Thankfully his soon to be mother-in-law told us that he was ready to take the discussions. We were over joyed to see the faith this man has in learning the gospel and having joy in his family and in the future.

Fun story, by happy happenstance I got to see an old Texas Dallas missionary, Sister Carlson. I had the privilege to serve around her back in Allen. She was a huge example for me of being a great missionary when she was on her mission and even after. She's been home for 9 months, so when I saw her walk past me in the church hall way all I could get out was "HEY!" and she turned and we both smiled and hugged and chat about how she was doing. She and her family were visiting Texas and visiting the members that she befriended during her mission and one of the areas she served in was Plano.  I told her I was in my last transfer and I asked if she had any advice and she told me to work hard and enjoy my mission. That was just what I needed to hear.  She also said that it was okay to be happy about going home, which was also something I needed to hear!

God really sends us the opportunities to receive what we pray for and what we need to keep going. It's up to us to seize those opportunities and usually they come when we are "anxiously engaged in a good cause"- Doctrine and Covenants 58:27-28 (my Ponderize scripture for the week)

Remember the invitations given to us in General Conference will help us in whatever we are facing and going through. The promises given come from our loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, so you can always be confident that you will be rewarded for your righteous actions.

Enjoying to serve, 
Sister Baker

Got to go chalking!  Sister McBride chose the quote and I chalked it. It was very therapeutic!


0 comments:

Post a Comment