Monday, November 16, 2015

Of Missionaries & Texans 11/16/2015

Hello Everyone!

This last week had a constant theme of missionaries and members working together. We have been making a huge push to have members get to be a part of the missionary work here in Plano and it's been great to see the progress. 

A wonderful experience just yesterday was at our Mission President's Fireside. It's a testimony meeting with speakers who just joined the Church, a select few musical numbers, and President Taylor sharing a message with the congregation. It was an amazing opportunity for people to learn more about what we believe. We had a few investigators come and listen! I also got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time. All and all it was an amazing experience! I loved getting to hear testimonies from recent converts, it always picks up my spirit.  It was funny when President Taylor was saying "wouldn't we want to have a prophet like Moses on the earth today" and someone yells out "AMEN" and that made everyone laugh.  Sister McBride and I got to be a part of of the fireside too.   We were able to perform a musical number with some other sister missionaries, Sister McBride was playing the piano and I had the opportunity to solo 2 parts during the song "Come unto Christ".

I hope I can continue to live in the blessing of doing the Lord's work and I'm going to give my all this next week because I know I won't regret a single moment as I focus on bringing others closer to Christ.

Loving this gospel,

Sister Baker

0 comments:

Post a Comment