Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Patience is a Virtue 10/27/2015

I had some difficult times this past week trying to make sure I make every second count on my mission, but it led to a lot of dissatisfaction and stress. By Sunday I was feeling pretty low, but during a Young Women's lesson that we sat in on, the teacher went over the differences between patience and impatience. Everything listed under impatience was exactly what I was feeling. That helped me understand that even with what little time I have left that doesn't mean I have to be rushing everywhere. Which reminded me of something one of my past companions told me. "Jesus didn't run everywhere he went, he walked." I learned the importance of patience and relying on the Savior to fill in the gaps that are impossible for us to fill. Jesus Christ helps when we're trying our best. I'm glad I learned that lesson and learned it during my mission. Better late than never.

Working with the members has been great as well. We invited our new investigator to be baptized and he accepted! The members that are his friends have been very helpful and supportive of him. We're still nailing down the exact information of when his baptism will be but we are looking forward to helping him come unto Christ. Our investigator and his fellow-shippers actually attended the Plano 1st Elder's baptism which was an amazing experience because it was in both Chinese and English. You could feel the Spirit there as testimonies were born
in 2 languages.

I pray that I can use my time as wisely as I can and I know what the Lord would have me do to be a blessing to others and not a burden. I'm grateful for the Gospel and I know that it blesses lives.

Constantly loving to serve,
Sister Baker

Helped out with Activity Days in one of the Wards and it was a lot of
fun. The girls were hilarious.



My desk

Brad and Holly received this:

"Loved having your sweet missionary in our home for dinner"


0 comments:

Post a Comment