Monday, June 2, 2014
June 2, 2014

Yeah I'm just going to email mom and dad and the rest of you can read it on the blog they put up for my letters. I love you all equally.
Anyway GREETINGS FROM TEXAS.
I'm loving the humidity. A lot like Washington but hotter.
My trainer companion's name is Sister Stumm. She is amazing, she has been helping me take on the challenge of talking to people and trying new things, she is doing amazing!

Thank you for all of your support it has helped me immensely so far in my mission
Great first week so far. I'm in an area called Richardson. My apartment is nice, you can tell a smoker lived there before us, but its still fairly nice. We get to drive a car which is nice for the area we are in because we cover a lot in our area. We have so many investigators, less active, and recent converts to teach lessons to, that I haven't had the chance to go contacting or tracting very much.

I am still so uptight when Sister Stumm just says "go give them a card" I'm still not used to talking to people so much, especially strangers, that's what I'm having troubles with, but things are still good. My first day was nice got to meet so many new people and I'm grateful for a companion that lets me listen more then talk, because I had no idea what they were talking about. My first night was not so good since I was sick most of the time, probably the food I had. So the second day was slow because i was still nauseous but good. Things finally started to get normal by the middle of the week. 

Friday we got to meet with a investigator who has been investigating for many years now, because his family are members and we had a great lesson with him. At the end when I invited him to baptism HE ACCEPTED! I never felt the Holy Ghost so much in a room before, it was an amazing experience.
I live at 333 Prestonwood Dr.
#1804 Richardson Tx 75081
I got the Griffins letters. THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC. Thank you for the advice, my companion and I go over the miracles and happy moments of the day, everyday, it helps and lightens the mood.
Well I have the go i'm over my time limit. Love you all!
Until next time, 

Love,

Sister Baker.

Here is Me and Sister Stumm in front of our apartment complex.
then here is the Dallas Temple.
More pictures are to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment