Thursday, June 19, 2014

Oh What A Beautiful Morning 6/16/14

Hello to all! The Lone Star State says HI HO SILVER AWAAAAY. Meaning there's work to be done.
This week has been great. The investigators we're teaching are progressing so well, it's amazing to see their growth. One has been an investigator for a few months and is still firm in his will to learn and be baptized.

The other investigator is just as firm because he has been an investigator for 10 years. He has had many missionaries over the years come and teach him the gospel, it wasn't until now that he realized that he was ready to be baptized and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He is truly a blessing to us, we get to be the ones that get to see him be baptized and sealed in the temple, i'm lucky to be here long enough to see it in a year(Sister Stumm says she'll fly down here after her mission to see it). That's how he is doing. Also he is a mason, I'm finding that there is a strong masonic link here on the bible belt. Did I mention that our church building is next door neighbors to the Jehovah witnesses and the baptists church's? 

I love teaching in this area. I have never been more enveloped by so many cultures. Theses are all the languages I have come in contact with so far in the past 3 weeks: American Sign language, French, Swahili, Igbo, Farsi, Chinese, Spanish, and probably a few more that I never heard before to know what they are.
Contacting is becoming easier as I am learning to summaries the truth of the Gospel, and understanding what it is that makes this Church and what we believe in true. I'm thankful for the hard challenges I am facing because I know I have been called to serve by God, here in Dallas Texas. I'm thankful for my family and for my parents example of establishing a house of prayer.

I love you all. Remember you are Child of God. Let everyone you meet know they are too.

Loving the work,

 Sister Baker

0 comments:

Post a Comment