Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Growing Every Day 8/18/2014

Saturday night Sister Stumm and I got the dreaded call. Transfers.

I'm staying! Sister Stumm is going to Rowlett! 

In Garland 3rd Ward, efforts are continuing to grow in missionary work towards what members can do to get referrals. We are comparing it to planting a seed. The seed is the example we set for others, the rest was perfect in applying the missionary work to members. Or something I've been thinking about using to sum it up: Serve, Befriend, Extend. Serve your neighbor, befriend them, extend an invitation to an activity or church. I hope that Sister Wyss, whom I am thrilled to meet, can help me in proposing this idea and work out the kinks to any problems or questions the members might have.
 
We have been meeting with families and members in quick 15 minute lessons and explaining the "We Are One" vision. I feel like I'm starting to get used to remembering member's names and remembering things about them. They are even becoming friendlier every time we see them. So far we have gained many insights and even been able to help a few members with challenges they face with their missionary opportunities.

It's been hard creating an environment of hope for some of those that we visit because of each person's circumstances. It's hard when the only thing we can do for them is pray. Yet, I know the blessings that come from it and I know it will help them with the things they face. My prayers have never been so long in my life, I pray for many of those we teach and some I've never met that other missionaries need help with. The power of pray is a gift we all carry and I've never been more thankful for it than right now.

I'm looking forward to meeting my new companion Sister Wyss and facing the new challenges and experiences in the future that will help me grow. Good things ARE coming.

Loving to grow, Sister Baker

0 comments:

Post a Comment